Did you know that most insurance companies cover bariatric surgery?
We ask that you please call your insurance company and verify that you have coverage for bariatric surgery and what the specific criteria is.
The following questions will help start your discussion with your insurance carrier regarding coverage:
- Do I have coverage for bariatric surgery?
- What criteria do I need to meet in order to be considered for bariatric surgery?
- Does your insurance company mandate that you have a medically supervised weight loss program completed prior to bariatric surgery? If so, GHP can help you fulfill that requirement. We have various medically supervised weight loss programs to help you meet that requirement. (For BCBS of Michigan patients – BCBS once again has a 6-month medically supervised weight loss requirement. We have put together a program to meet this requirement and information will be given at the surgical orientation.)
Other information your insurance carrier may need:
- Diagnosis Code= 278.01 for obesity
- Procedure Code for open Roux En Y= 43846
- Procedure Code for laparoscopic Roux En Y= 43644
- Procedure Code for laparoscopic Roux En Y Long Limb= 43645
- Procedure Code for a revision= 43848
- Procedure Code for lap band= 43770
- Procedure Code for Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch= 43845
- Procedure Code for Gastric Sleeve= 43775
GHP has a team of experts in authorizing bariatric surgeries. Please contact our billing specialists at 616-464-4619 and one of our team members will be happy to answer your billing questions.
Please note that copays are due at the time of service and we cannot bill them to you.